Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Yoga Six!

A few days ago, I wrote about some upcoming change.  And I said that, while sometimes unnerving and scary, change is ultimately a good thing.  It takes us new places, teaches us, and sends us down the path we're meant to be on.

I'm excited to announce I can now share the change that I was alluding to.  Haute Yoga, the wonderful, amazing studio that gave me my first yoga job, the place that has built this incredible community in the San Diego yoga community, the place filled with incredibly talented teachers, has sold.  In the coming days and weeks, our students will see the transition to the new name and 'brand', Yoga Six.  There are two other Yoga Six locations, down in Pt. Loma, and a sister studio out in St. Louis.  Carlsbad and Solana Beach Haute will be the third and fourth additions.  The incredible Katie Brauer will be the Director of Yoga, guiding all of us teachers to be the best we can be.

The owners have ties to Olivera and Dino Flacco, the founders of Haute.  They are eager to move it forward into the best space it can be.  That includes servicing our clients the best way possible, and providing a space for teachers to grow and develop.

Having had this knowledge for a couple of weeks, I'll be honest that I've gone through the gamut of emotions on this.  Denial.  (What?  No.  Can't be.)  Anger.  (What do you mean, no more Haute?!?!) Bargaining.  (Maybe the sale won't really go through and everything will stay the same!)  Sadness.  (The community will be lost!)  Unease.  (Will I still have a job?)  I'm happy to report I've now moved towards excitement and anticipation about the future.  Eager for the possibilities that are unveiling.  Seeing the opportunities that will present themselves to not only the teachers, but the other staff and clients as well.

So if you read this and it makes you nervous or sad, uneasy or agitated... fear not.  Hold on to one of the principle teachings of yoga which is that of non-attachment.  It wasn't the Haute name that made the community great.  It wasn't the particular set sequences.  It was the people.  The energy.  All of those things can develop and mature in this new setting.

Change is good.  Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment