Today, while at the races with some dear friends for a birthday celebration, I got a call from Haute in Carlsbad, asking if I could sub a restorative yoga class tomorrow for the regular instructor, who has taken ill. Exuberant anxiety filled me at once! I love restorative yoga... but I've never taught it! It was one of my favorite sessions during my teacher training, and I've taken a class or two since then, but can I teach it?
The brilliant thing is: my fellow teacher needs help, so of course I can teach it. Without hesitation. (Okay, except for that initial hesitation.) I know I have the basic knowledge and experience to guide a class. Will it be as good as Questa's class? Of course not! It's my first time! But should that stop me? Of course not! It's my first time! And I have to start somewhere. What better time that when a friend needs the help?
So I gave the manager a confident (or at least enthusiastic) "yes!", finished up my day at the races (picked three winners, thank you very much) and headed home. Pulled out a great Judith Lancaster book on restorative yoga, practiced my prop placement, and gosh darn it I'm ready to go.
So tomorrow, April 1st, if you're in the Carlsbad are, join me at Haute at the Forum for a 3pm 75 minute class. I promise not too break you.
No comments:
Post a Comment