Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Taking the leap!


Yesterday, after close to eight years working on the same real estate team, I turned in my keys and company credit cards, and walked out the door.  Two weeks earlier I gave my wonderful bosses notice that, as much as I enjoyed and appreciated their support and employment for a better part of a decade, my heart was not there.  I had been offered a role of assistant manager at the Yoga Six in Carlsbad, and it was just too exciting of an opportunity to pass up.

I will continue on teaching in Carlsbad, Solana Beach, and even my beloved Black Sheep Yoga in Oceanside.  The only class I had to cut was my Sunday beginner's class.  But the class is in the incredibly capable hands of Abby Vernon, so I know it will continue to thrive.

Now, my non-teaching working hours can be spent in the industry and community that I ADORE... that truly makes my heart swell with joy.  I get to be surrounded by the most incredible people -- not only the staff and teachers and management, but also the truly awesome clients the Yoga Six Forum draws in.  I get to develop programs to get more people in the door, help them fall in love with the studio when they are there, and make it the best yoga space in all of Carlsbad.

And, not to be undersold, I GET TO WEAR YOGA CLOTHES ALL THE TIME!  Woo hoo!  Shoes?  No sir!  Well, okay, sometimes I'll wear shoes and pants with buttons and zippers and stuff.  But for the most part, I will be clad in the most comfortable, cute clothing any activity gets to wear.

I am overflowing with excitement with this.  There are no nerves with this big transition, as I thought there might be.  I feel like I am diving off a cliff, chest out, totally prepared for whatever I find down below.

Bring it on, world.

1 comment: