Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Mix Up Your Music

I've written before about the power music has to change and enhance your practice.  Last night I experienced another great musical yoga experience at Black Sheep Yoga.  Patrick Garrison, one of the owners and one hell of a teacher, did a special Friday night class called, "Get the Led Out."  It was close to a two hour practice done to all classic Led Zepplin songs.

A.  Freaking.  Blast.

That's the only way to describe it.

The mood was playful but invigorating.  The practice was fun but totally challenging.  It was just a great way to spend a Friday night.  And practicing yoga to some awesome classic rock songs, most of which I knew but a few that were unfamiliar, really took me out of the complacent easy going flow I often find my self.  Each new song that came on either caused a "Oh hell yeah!" response of a "Oh?  What is this??" question.  Either which way, win win.  I sweat a ton, had the most zoned out, blissed filled savasana, and feel like a million bucks today.

Think I'm going to lead a special music night at the Sheep.  I'm thinking a night of all Queen songs.  I picture doing very funny things to one of my all time favorite songs, Fat Bottomed Girls.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment