Rob's class was so great. He's a totally peaceful but strong teacher. Not a lot of fluff or flowery rhetoric. Just clear, concise instruction, with a really nice, soothing tone to his voice. I've always loved his classes. Today was no exception. Because I had used a lot of the A-sequence poses in my Wake Up yoga class, my muscles felt warmed and ready. Muscle memory was strong so I was able to move easily into many of the poses with a great deal of ease. I especially liked one bit of instruction he offered while in garudasana/eagle pose. He instructed us to move our shoulders over our hips -- instead of leaning forward towards the front of the room. It was a subtle movement that totally shifted my stretch and balance.
I was in a twisty sort of mood today, so when the class transitioned to the cobra series (low cobra, locust, floor bow, camel), I just stayed in my supine spinal twist for a nice long while. I even added a few dynamic twists, moving the knees to the right and the left with my breath. It felt delicious. There are something about twists. They wring out your internal organs, relieve back tension, and just feel great. Then you untwist and all this fresh blood goes rushing back into your expanded organs and you just feel incredible. At least I did today.
By the time we reached savasana, my body felt perfectly wrung out and relaxed. Thank you Rob!
Can't believe the Haute Yoga 31 Day challenge is winding down. Just about a third to go! I know I can't practice on Sunday, so I maaaay try to double up later, taking Matt's Hot 60B class in Carlsbad before I teach at Black Sheep tonight. We shall see. For now I'm still up by one. Looking forward to closing this baby out!
UPDATE: I did indeed make it to Matt's Hot 60B at 4:30! It was great. Like the morning class I skipped the belly backbends and opted some time doing twists. Loved it!
Day 18
Classes Completed: 1 2!
Hot 60A - 7am - Rob Lucas
Hot 60B - 4:30pm - Matt Caron
Hot 60B - 4:30pm - Matt Caron
Progress Towards Goal: 19/31 20/31!
No comments:
Post a Comment