Answer? No. After my restorative, I ended up chatting with a couple of friends/yogis from the class. That took me up until 4:30. And while I could have cut the conversation short to squeeze my way into class, I decided the thing I wanted to do most was go have a glass of wine with one of these friends. So down we walked to Wine Loft where we sat at the bar for an hour, enjoying delicious wine and just catching up. It was exactly what my soul needed, and definitely what my body needed. I think yesterday was a lesson in ahisma -- non violence. I could have powered through another class. But it was a harder class than my body felt up for that given day. It would have only been done because it was the class that worked with my schedule. Besides, part of the reason I'm doing this challenge is I'm hoping to make more connection with my fellow Haute Yogis. So taking the opportunity to sit down with one and share a glass of vino? Done and done.
Definitely the right call. I logged another ten hours of sleep last night. Don't think I'll be making a class today, either. My body is tired, and I luckily got a bit ahead of the schedule so I can miss these two days and jump back in refreshed and ready to conquer the second half tomorrow. I think that's really what I need. I'm sitting here now, enjoying my coffee. Will head to the office and then to Haute to teach at 6 and 7:30. I need to stay mellow today. It's what my body is craving. And I'm happy to oblige.
Day 13 & 14
Classes Completed: 0!
Progress Towards Goal: 16/31
No comments:
Post a Comment