Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 2 - The day I honored my edge

My original vision for Day 2 was to take another two classes.  After all, I'm not teaching at Black Sheep on Wednesdays for another two weeks.  My thinking was I might as well get a little more ahead of the curve towards the 31-class goal.  But laying in bed with my honey last night, I realized that pushing myself so hard on the front end when I'm borderline nursing an injury.  The type-A part of my personality is so concerned about just completing the challenge as quickly as possible, that I'm at risk of not savouring the journey!  So the decision was made to just take one class today, after the office gig ended at 4.

As luck would have it, I ended up waking up on my own at 6:20, the exact time I wake up to take 7am classes in Carlsbad.  Scott, the crazy man, left at 4am to hike San Jacinto.  (On an aside, I highly recommend his hiking blog, http://one-thousand-miles.blogspot.com/.)  Since I was up, I threw on some yoga clothes worthy of sweating in and shuttled my butt to Haute for Trevor Hawkins' Hot 60 B, which actually ended up being a Hot 60 A.  Not sure if the schedule was wrong or Trevor just was hearing my internal wishes, but I was thrilled to take the A flow instead of B. I was looking for twists, and that's a bit more heavy in the A sequence. Perfect!

Trevor's class was great.  Really soothing style of teaching.  Gentle voice that could transition to energizing and inspiring as called for with the poses.  He offered some really nice hands on adjustments.  I continued to honor my edge by bypassing certain poses like prasarita padotanasana/wide legged forward fold and parsvottanasan/intense side stretch and just dropping down to child's pose/balasana to release.  I left the class feeling mellow and long.  

Now I'm in that nice position of being 'done' for the day!  I'm going to swing by Sport's Authority or Target and try to pick up a foam roller.  The brilliant Roxanne DePalma recommended that as a way to help release my yoga butt issue.  (Bless you, Roxy!)  And then later tonight I can just chill, which sounds like it's own little slice of heaven.  

In summary:

Day 2
Classes Completed: 1
Hot 60 A - 7am - Trevor Hawkins
Progress Towards Goal: 3/31




No comments:

Post a Comment