Not that kind of quickie.
Rather, it was another super busy day, so the only class that worked with my schedule was Stephanie Powell's Power Sculpt Class again. You may remember how well that went for me on day 7. Alas, I was back for more punishment and thankfully survived before I headed in to teach my back-to-back classes. Same basic response to the class -- exceptional cardio and strength building work out, but just not my personal style. And I'm okay with that! There were women and men in the class who literally cheered when Stephanie announced at the beginning that Haute may be adding more Power Sculpt like classes on the schedule. People lovvvve these classes. I, on the other hand, survive them.
I think it ultimately comes down to something I say almost every week in my beginner's 101 class when there are new yogis in the room. You are the person who knows your own body best -- what feels right, what doesn't. And you have a responsibility to be honest with yourself (and the teacher!) if something isn't right for you. Don't try to fly into pigeon if you have horrible knees. Maybe don't take full wheel if you have a slipped disc in your spine and backbends cause discomfort. We are all built differently, and different bodies handle or react differently to different forms of movement.
So Power Sculpt isn't my bag. No problem! Plenty of other things are.
Day 21
Classes Completed: 1
Classes Completed: 1
Power Sculpt - 4:30pm - Stephanie Powell
Progress Towards Goal: 22/21
No comments:
Post a Comment