Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 22: The day I thought about change

Tuesday's class was taught by Sarah Haughton at the Haute Yoga in Carlsbad.  I've spoken of Sarah before, but there really is something special about the way she designs a class -- even a set sequence, which can be a challenge.  Instead of switching on the autopilot and giving the same instruction time and time again, or work with the same theme, each and every class feels different.  It has a different focus, emphasis, or theme.  Last night, Sarah focused on tapas/heat and using that as the fuel to fire up change in ourselves. We were in the south studio, which is this really warm yellow.  By the end of class, it really felt like we were practicing on the sun.

Throughout the practice she'd bring us back to that theme of change -- changing something we want to be free of, changing something we want to develop.  It made me appreciate how much has changed in my life recently. Even just since the start of this year!  I totally rearranged my life to facilitate teaching more yoga -- something I hope to be able to do full time within another year.  I moved in with this incredible man, enjoying the ease and effortlessness that comes with loving someone with your whole heart and feeling that love right back.  My life today is completely different than it was ago... even more drastically different going back further.  And I love it. I love every ounce of change that has either been thrust at me or generated by me.

Even just through this challenge, I've changed.  I've become a better teacher, as well as a better student.  I've worked on my discipline and focus, and really become more tuned in to how my body feels both on and off the mat.  In order to succeed in getting classes in, I've had to sacrifice in some other areas of my life (as I look around a fairly cluttered living room), but that's okay.  We'll tidy this weekend.

Thank you, Sarah, for a beautiful class that really allowed me to reflect on all the change that is around me, and all the change I want to continue to foster.  It's going to be an exciting year ahead.  I can only imagine what life will be like.

Day 22
Classes Completed: 1
Hot 60A - 4:30pm - Sarah Haughton
Progress Towards Goal: 23/22



No comments:

Post a Comment