Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Genius!

So Roxanne recommended the foam roller to work on my yoga butt, as well as to just provide general relief  and release for muscle tightness and pain.  For those of you who haven't seen one of these, they're usually about 6 inches thick, and anywhere from 18" to 36" long.  Like so:


Not a whole lot to it, but look at how happy this woman is using it!
Great!  Checking out Amazon and Sport's Authority, I was bummed to see that they're so expensive.  Usually about $30.  To hell with that, I exclaimed!  I checked Target without much improvement.  Then I thought, hey... Walmart!  Sure enough, they have an 18" one for $14.77.  (Always the low price leader whaaaaa?)  I check the stock, and it says it's there.  I show up, and alas...  THWARTED.  Nothing in stock.

Well nuts, I say.  NUTS.  I tuck my tail between my legs and start heading for the door, when I see the outdoor recreation section.  There, in a wire bin FULL of multicolored excitement, I see my answer.

The pool noodle.

Sure, it's like six feet long.  Surrrre, it's only 3" wide.  Surrrrrrrrrre, it's actually hollow inside.  But it's only $4.18... with tax!  That, my friends, is a gamble I'm willing to take.  Worst case, I'm out four an a quarter.  Best case, I've saved $10+.  And better yet, this this is so long, I'd be happy to saw off a segment for any needy friends.  Hell, I could make money on this deal selling them for a buck a segment.  Any takers?

Getting it home was amusing though.


Something tells me I won't end up quite so elegant and fulfilled on my "economy foam roller" as the model above.

No comments:

Post a Comment